Welcome! 登入 註冊
專區首頁 專區百科 專區論壇 專區部落格 專區地圖

Advanced

[InfoTech] Four Taiwan Incorporations Listed in the Top Ten of BusinessWeek's 11th Annual InfoTech100

Posted by gustav 
[InfoTech] Four Taiwan Incorporations Listed in the Top Ten of BusinessWeek's 11th Annual InfoTech100 (Chinese Version)

New York PRNewswire released the news(2009/05/21) that BusinessWeek's eleventh Annual InfoTech100 was to appear. Amazon.com (U.S.) tops it, and the top ten list includes four Taiwan infotech incorporations: Inventec Co., Quanta Computer lnc., Wistron Co. and Acer Inc. HTC Co. ranks the thirteenth, and there are nine Taiwan incorporations in total listed within the top fifty.

The June 1st issue of BusinessWeek is to announce the top 100 infotech corporations in the world. The top ten include four infotech companies in Taiwan: Inventec (fourth), Quanta Computer (seventh), Wistron (eighth) and Acer (tenth). Three of the top ten are companies in the U.S., one in Germany, one in India and one in China. The top ten list is the following: Amazon.com (U.S.), Oracle (U.S.), SAP (Germany), Inventec (Taiwan, R.O.C.), IBM (U.S.), Bharti Airtel (India), Quanta Computer (Taiwan, R.O.C.), Wistron (Taiwan, R.O.C.), Tencent Holdings (China) and Acer (Taiwan, R.O.C.).

There are four criteria for the ranking: 1. Revenues, i.e., the business volume of the year; 2. Revenue Growth; 3. Return on Equity, i.e., the result of the net profit divided by ordinary shares; 4. Total Return, i.e., the change in value of the fund plus any distribution (i.e. capital gain, interest, and dividends) divided by the value of the fund at the beginning of the period (including ex-rights). The third criterion stands for the operational situation of the company, and those on the top 100 list are in general in positive status. The fourth criterion stands for the ups-and-downs of the company's stock price, and eighty percent of the top 100 are in negative status being under the circumstance of financial crisis. As for the monopolies such as telecom industries are not included due to its lack of the library economic spirit.

Ten Taiwan infotech companies take their places in InfoTech 100. The other five out of top 20 are: Asustek (26th), Hon Hai (40th), TSM (48th), Compal (50th) and Simplo (52nd). If put in this way InfoTech50, Taiwan takes nine places.

Further Information:
PRNewswire 2009/05/21
Zacks Investment Research 2009/05/21
China Times E-paper 2009/05/27 (Chinese)

RelevantInformation:
[Infotech & Network] Taiwan's Internet Users Keep Rising 2009/02/20

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2009 10:14AM by gustav.
(編輯記錄)