Welcome! 登入 註冊
專區首頁 專區百科 專區論壇 專區部落格 專區地圖

Advanced

[Environmental] Overseas Compatriots in the US Raise Funds to Support the Afforestation for Taiwan

Posted by gustav 
[Environmental] Overseas Compatriots in the US Raise Funds to Support the Afforestation for Taiwan (Chinese Version)

In order to support Ma government's Afforestation Project among the “i-Taiwan 12 Projects (the Twelve Major Taiwan Construction Projects),” overseas Chinese in the US formed several Taiwan afforestation foundations to manage the fundraising affairs.

According to Worldjournal.com report (2009/05/09), under the Overseas Compatriot Affairs Commission's promotion of supporting the afforestation project of the i-Taiwan 12 Projects, representatives of the overseas Chinese parties and organizations in the south California gathered on 8th-May and reinforced the importance of Taiwan afforestation. On 24th-Apr., Los Angelus Taiwan Afforestation Foundation had already been formed. According to CNA News (2009/05/15), the staff of honor of oversea compatriot affairs and the representatives of overseas Chinese parties in the south US gathered on 12th-May and held the i-Taiwan 12 Projects - Taiwan Afforestation Committee, which reached the agreement to set up Houston Taiwan Afforestation Foundation to manage the fundraising affairs. The first stage of the fundraising in the south US was planned two-month long and the goal was set to reach thirty thousand USD. On the first day when the Houston Taiwan Afforestation Foundation was set, the fundraising activity was immediately and widely responded, and five thousand USD had already been collected.

Reference:
CNA News 2009/05/15 (Chinese)
Worldjournal.com 2009/05/09 (Chinese)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2009 02:07PM by gustav.
(編輯記錄)