Welcome! 登入 註冊
專區首頁 專區百科 專區論壇 專區部落格 專區地圖

Advanced

[Robot][International Cooperation] Developing a Prosperous Future for a Greater Improvement: National Taiwan University Held the Opening Ceremony for NTU International Center of Excellence on Intelligent Robotics and Automation Research

Posted by techman 
[Robot][International Cooperation] Developing a Prosperous Future for a Greater Improvement: National Taiwan University Held the Opening Ceremony for NTU International Center of Excellence on Intelligent Robotics and Automation Research (Chinese Version)

NTU Spotlight (Issue 193) National Taiwan University Held the Opening Ceremony for NTU-iCeiRA (NTU International Center of Excellence on Intelligent Robotics and Automation Research) in the Center of NTU Department of Physics on May 4th. To be noted, the host for the opening ceremony was a robot, simulated Einstein at the age of 27. The host robot also instructed another robot, RenQ, to receive the invited guests at the ceremony. It presented the great value of MIT robot’s application and intelligence.

While giving the speech for the opening ceremony, NTU Principal, Si-Chen LEE, gave thanks to National Science Council for offering the opportunity of joining the IRICE Project, making it possible to promote the reputation of National Taiwan University through the strategy of the corporations by institutes to institutes. Over the past two years, National Taiwan University has already established two IRICE centers in association with the institutes in the United States. To be specific, NTU-iCeiRA (NTU International Center of Excellence on Intelligent Robotics and Automation Research) serves as the crucial part by connecting the corporation among three institutes in France: the national research center in France, the national laboratory in France, and UPMC (Université Paris VI). National Taiwan University established NTU-iCeiRA aiming to corporate with EU (European Union) and the three institutes mentioned above, and to have a strong and stable connection to the industries. NTU Principal Si-Chen LEE expects that there will be more and more great creativity bringing up practices among industries through the center of creativity in National Taiwan University. As well, we National Taiwan University believes that the establishment of the center can make it possible that in a year NTU will be ranked as the top 50 university in the world. Therefore, NTU Principal Si-Chen LEE appreciates the establishment of NTU-iCeiRA and anticipates developing a prosperous future for the greater improvement from National Taiwan University to change the world.

Vice President, Vincent SIEW, as the guest, in his address to the opening ceremony recognized that the establishment of NTU-iCeiRA is definitely something important for National Taiwan University as well as the big revelation for the cross-boundary corporations in Taiwan. Also, he pointed out that we have to improve the conventional technology and techniques in order to promote and to transform the traditional industries in Taiwan; hence, the robotic automation is thus served as the crucial and the required technique to make the existing industries work out in Taiwan. Moreover, Vice President suggested a fact that “our government hopes to connect and to corporate with the industries in Japan. I’m extremely interested in the development of robots because my experience of joining the Universal Exposition (also known as the World’s Fair) in Japan impressed me a lot, especially the robots’ presentation for the opening ceremony there. Those robots were indeed the masterpieces created by the corporation of the industries, research centers, and the academia in Japan. After the visit to the Universal Exposition, I was invited to Nagoya University to visit a cross-boundary center, where many international scholars and students working on their research there. At that time, the professor in the cross-boundary center told me that Professor LO from Taiwan had been working on the related research field too. I gave Professor LO a phone call right after I returned to Taiwan for further information. Ever since that experience of visiting the center in Japan, I’ve been thinking about having one in National Taiwan University, and I’m so proud of it today. Hereby, I came to the opening ceremony to say congratulations to recognize that National Taiwan University will definitely move beyond the changes in the world to be ranked the world top university in the near future. As well, I do believe that the corporations of all industries in Taiwan will be promoted and prosperous, which matters a lot to the society here. The teamwork and the corporation with the research centers in France made this center a pioneer to the association to European Union.”

NTU-iCeiRA (NTU International Center of Excellence on Intelligent Robotics and Automation Research) is established and promoted by the full support of NSC I-RiCE (International Research-intensive Center of Excellence) from National Science Council. This project accomplished and presented the great teamwork among National Taiwan University, CNRS: French National Center for Scientific Research, INRIA: The French National Institute for Research in Computer Science and Control, and UPMC (Université Paris VI or Université Pierre et Marie Curie). Each of them is known as the top academic institute or the top university in the world.

This research project is recognized by having the letter of commitment signed under each of the representatives from National Taiwan University, CNRS: French National Center for Scientific Research, INRIA: The French National Institute for Research in Computer Science and Control, and UPMC (Université Paris VI or Université Pierre et Marie Curie), promising to provide the financial aid equally to support this five-year research project according the regulations from the National Science Council. Guests were invited to join the opening ceremony for the establishment of NTU-iCeiRA: Vice President Vincent SIEW, NTU Principal Si-Chen LEE, the vice chairperson of National Science Council Hocheng HONG, Minister without Portfolio Shan Cheng CHANG, Minister of State Tsung-Ming LIN, the founder of Acer Incorporation Stan SHIH. Also, the international conference of showing the development of intelligent robots and the automatism in industries was also held along with the opening ceremony to present the integration of innovative service and advanced systems. There will be three speeches and three workshops with this topic to be held.

The international conference was held in hopes that Taiwan can learn something from the intelligent robots in France for a better development and perspective doing the research here. As well as sharing the successful experiences, the topics of making the strategies for developing the intelligent robots along with the automatism in the industries in Taiwan and promoting robots the great opportunity for developing the fifth industry (iPhone, Tablet, PC, iTV, Intelligent Robot) was also brought up for the further discussion during the conference hours. In addition to that, more topics were discussed with great ideas under the theme of developing intelligent robots: the innovative service and the integration of systems, the establishment of an innovative research platform, the union of strategies, including DoIT (Department of Industrial Technology) and Industrial Development Bureau of Ministry of Ministry of Economic Affairs, R.O.C., Industrial Technology Research Institute, and corporations among industries in Taiwan.

Further Information:
NTU Spotlight Issue 193

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
National Science Council International Cooperation Sci-Tech Newsbrief
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2012 12:38PM by techman.
(編輯記錄)