Welcome! 閮餃
撠擐 撠曄 撠隢憯 撠刻賣 撠啣

Advanced

Change History

Message: [Taiwan Study] Center for Studies of Dutch Heritage in Taiwan Launched at NCKU

Changed By: techman
Change Date: May 12, 2011 08:17PM

[Taiwan Study] Center for Studies of Dutch Heritage in Taiwan Launched at NCKU
[Taiwan Study] Center for Studies of Dutch Heritage in Taiwan Launched at NCKU (<a href=http://mepopedia.com/forum/read.php?127,12977>Chinese Version</a>)

<i>NCKU News</i> (2011/05/11) The Dutch presence in 17th-century Formosa has left historical sites such as Fort Anping and Fort Santo Domingo. Three hundred years later, former Dutch ambassador Menno GOEDHART began a project of Dutch heritage in Taiwan at National Cheng Kung University (NCKU), Tainan.

Fascinated by the culture and lifestyle in Taiwan, especially the indigenous people, GOEDHART even published a book titled <i>The Real Taiwan and the Dutch</i>, introducing numerous historical remains from the Dutch colonial period.

The Dutch heritage is part of Taiwanese history, but many historical relics left behind from the 38 years of Dutch colonial rule in Taiwan are yet to be discovered.

An online and open database with texts, images, audios and videos will be built to show the Dutch heritage in Taiwan, said 64-year-old Menno GOEDHART, who became a research expert at NCKU Research Center for Humanities and Social Sciences (CHASS).

The database will be built in Chinese and English and categorized by cities and counties. Users can browse through thousands of photos and places to understand the background stories and historical significance.

Further Information:
<a href=http://news-en.secr.ncku.edu.tw/files/14-1083-78710,r614-1.php>NCKU News 2011/05/11</a>

Original Message

雿: techman
Date: May 12, 2011 08:12PM

[Taiwan Study] Center for Studies of Dutch Heritage in Taiwan Launched at NCKU
[Taiwan Study] Center for Studies of Dutch Heritage in Taiwan Launched at NCKU (Chinese Version)

NCKU News (2011/05/11) The Dutch presence in 17th-century Formosa has left historical sites such as Fort Anping and Fort Santo Domingo. Three hundred years later, former Dutch ambassador Menno GOEDHART began a project of Dutch heritage in Taiwan at National Cheng Kung University (NCKU), Tainan.

Fascinated by the culture and lifestyle in Taiwan, especially the indigenous people, GOEDHART even published a book titled The Real Taiwan and the Dutch, introducing numerous historical remains from the Dutch colonial period.

The Dutch heritage is part of Taiwanese history, but many historical relics left behind from the 38 years of Dutch colonial rule in Taiwan are yet to be discovered.

An online and open database with texts, images, audios and videos will be built to show the Dutch heritage in Taiwan, said 64-year-old Menno GOEDHART, who became a research expert at NCKU Research Center for Humanities and Social Sciences (CHASS).

The database will be built in Chinese and English and categorized by cities and counties. Users can browse through thousands of photos and places to understand the background stories and historical significance.

Further Information:
NCKU News 2011/05/11